irrelephant

My sodding goodreads replacement (maybe)

What it says on the tin.

The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World
David Abram
Pantheism: A Non-Theistic Concept of Deity
Michael P. Levine
Wicked Enchantments: The Pendle Witches and Their Magic
Joyce Froome
Old Days Old Ways: A Book of Recollections - Mary Cameron Gilmore It was like listening to a great grandma wax on about the past, but not without a compassionate eye for the injustices experienced by women and Indigenous Australians at the time. Basically, Mary Gilmore (RIP) should be everyone's (great?) grandma. The Nurse Bennett she spoke of should also somehow be everyone's distant relative. I'm so very bummed that Gilmore never wrote a Bronte-esque novel about Nurse Bennett, who rode solo to attend patients stuck in remote locations, because she sounded like a fricken badass.Gilmore writes about a lot of other subjects - it's fairly loose - but very good at invoking a kind of nostalgia via osmosis for that time period of settlers and cattle and dust that I don't normally care for.Unfortunately this was a library book, so now I have to give it back. I want to find my own copy and keep it under my pillow, or put it up on a special shelf like its some family heirloom that must be treasured.